BWB Secretarial Limited also offers a comprehensive company secretarial service. If you wish to take up the service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7551 7748.
The service includes:
- Completion and filing of Companies House forms
- Assistance with and filing Annual Returns
- Maintaining statutory registers of members, trustees, secretaries, charges, shares, and directors’ interests in the company
- Preparing and filing elective resolutions if required
- Acting as the correspondent notified to the Charity Commission (if relevant)
Additional services not included in the above package, but available as an additional service, include the preparation of resolutions, the provision of general legal or VAT advice and attendance at directors and members’ meetings.
The cost of our basic service is £475 per annum + VAT and disbursements. We also offer a registered office service for which the current fee is £125 + VAT for companies with a UK forwarding address.
Company Secretarial Department
Linn-Marita Sen ACIS – Manager
Linn is the manager of the company secretarial function and looks after clients in both the commercial and charity sectors. She is an ICSA qualified Chartered Secretary with extensive experience in providing advice on company law matters, statutory compliance and corporate governance. She deals with matters ranging from routine annual compliance services to more specialised projects such as corporate reorganisations, as well as providing board support and general advice to company directors.
Linn takes a proactive approach to ensure all team members are kept fully up to date of changes in legislation and corporate governance. She contributes to newsletters, speaks at client seminars and regularly attends industry and networking events. Highly motivated by nature, she is always looking for new and improved ways to achieve compliance and best practice.
The department uses the industry-leading software, Blueprint, as provided by the ICSA. This facilitates the maintenance of all statutory registers, production of forms as well as the electronic submission of documents to Companies House. The department can also offer electronic board packages to clients, thereby simplifying the management and preparation of board and committee meetings.
The company secretarial team is supported by paralegals and, when required, will seek further advice from the legal team at Bates Wells Braithwaite.
A typical working day can include:-
- Attendance at board meetings and provision of minutes thereof
- Provision of advice on company law
- Special projects including reorganisation of companies/groups of companies, amendments to Articles of Association, reduction of share capital, subdivision, conversion, re-designation, consolidation and redemption of shares, purchase of own shares
- Allotment of shares
- Setting up new companies and advising on suitable structures
- Dealing with matters required prior to closure of companies
- Company secretarial audits / reviewsStamp duty exemption claims
- Compliance matters, including maintenance of registers and filing documents with Companies House and the Charity Commission
- Writing guidance notes for internal and external use
- General management tasks to ensure provision of a quality service and compliance with relevant legislation
Linn completed the ICSA International Qualifying Scheme at London Metropolitan University in 2008. Her academic achievements include being awarded the “J F Clark” prize by the ICSA for the best Corporate Law paper in 2006 and the “John F Phillips Memorial Prize” by The Worshipful Company of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators for the highest marks in the 2008 ICSA examinations.
Lauren Noble – Company Secretarial Assistant
Lauren has over 7 year’s company secretarial experience working with a wide variety of companies in both the commercial and charity sectors. She provides a full range of statutory compliance services to clients, as well as general advice on company law and procedural matters. She also assists with special projects in cooperation with the manager and can provide minute-taking services and board support. Lauren’s substantial experience makes her an invaluable asset to the department and she is regarded as a trusted advisor by her clients.
Lauren will be completing the ICSA Certificate in Company Secretarial Practice and Share Registration Practice in June 2013.
Louise Humphreys – Junior Company Secretarial Assistant
Louise joined the growing team in early 2012 and provides a full range of statutory compliance services. She has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and supplies a high quality service to clients. Her efficiency and attention to detail has proved particularly valuable when implementing systems and procedures to ensure continued compliance with company law. Louise also has experience in taking minutes of meetings.
Louise is currently studying towards the ICSA Certificate in Company Secretarial Practice and Share Registration Practice.