This event is now over and took place on Wed 07 Sep 2011
Many charities are facing cuts to their funding and reductions in income, at a time where there will be unprecedented demand on services as result of austerity measures. How can charities rapidly respond and make the transition to high impact services at reduced costs?
We are pleased to announce this seminar which we are running with Patrick Nash of Connect Assist. Patrick has great experience of running civil society organisations from having been Chief Executive of a number of charities, including Teacher Support Network. Connect Assist specialises in providing solutions to charities and commercial organisations both in respect of back office services; technology solutions as well as direct services such as help lines. Patrick has been a client of Bates Wells & Braithwaite London LLP for many years and we believe that this seminar will give you practical help in how to re-engineer and re-configure your organisations in challenging times.
This seminar will look at the key issues charities face in making a challenging yet vital transition. Key issues we will look at will include:
- Cutting the cost of services – coming up with new business models
- The employment challenge – how to restructure staffing to retain organisational knowledge
- Key financial issues, including VAT and tax issues
- Financing the cost of transition – funding solutions and innovative approaches.
We will announce details of a transition funding opportunity at this event.
This seminar, jointly hosted by Bates Wells and Braithwaite and Connect Assist, will include expert sessions from:
- Stephen Lloyd, Senior Partner at Bates, Wells and Braithwaite
- Patrick Nash, Chief Executive at Connect Assist
- William Garnett, Head of Employment Team at Bates, Wells and Braithwaite
- Ron Green, finance expert, formerly of Charities Aid Foundation and Social Investment Business
5.00pm Context of change in the third sector Stephen Lloyd
5.15pm New business models –raising income and cutting costs Patrick Nash
5.40pm Restructing while retaining talent William Garnett
6.00pm Financing the cost of transition Ron Green
6.15pm Questions and discussion
6.45pm Finish and drinks
To book, please follow the link below. For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Responding to austerity".
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH