This event is now over and took place on Mon 10 Sep 2012
This session will cover common governance issues membership organisations face, with lots of examples of how things can go wrong and tips for avoiding the same bear traps. We will include issues such as:
- The different ways to involve members in governance
- The perils of not having up to date membership data
- Getting the right consents to communicate with members electronically
- Can you get rid of a difficult member?
- How do you balance democracy with board diversity.
There will also be lots of time for questions
Thea Longley is a partner in the charity and social enterprise department who has over 13 years experience of advising membership bodies that are charities, clubs, trade associations or sports national governing bodies.
If you need any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or book below.
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH