This event is now over and took place on Mon 03 Jun 2013
BWB is pleased to welcome students' unions to a free evening seminar to learn about the new legal structure for charities, the Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), and to consider its pros and cons from the perspective of students’ unions.
To ensure that the seminar and information provided is useful to you, we are interested in your thoughts and queries regarding the new CIO. Please let us know whether you have any particular questions that you would like us to address as part of our seminar. Please email your questions to Leona Roche at email@example.com.
In order to maximise the opportunity to ask questions and participate in discussions, places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
4.30 Registration & Refreshments
5.00 Introduction to CIOs
• The background to the new legal form
• The key features of a CIO
• When students’ unions can register as a CIO
• Why students’ unions might be interested in the CIO
• Pros and cons compared with a charitable company
• Is it easy to convert to a CIO?
5.45 Informal Question & Answer session, facilitated by NUS
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH