This event is now over and took place on Mon 04 Nov 2013
OnBoard Consultants, Lindsay Driscoll and Tesse Akpeki will share 10 top tips to build your board and strengthen its effectiveness, using governance benchmarks, their insight, experiences and case studies from other organisations. An interactive session, this practical governance session is a great way of starting Trustee Week 2013.
• How to use the Code of Governance for the Voluntary and Community Sector to govern more effectively
• How the Board members collectively and individually can enhance an understanding of their roles, duties and responsibilities
• Ways of building your boards and attracting the best trustees
• What steps can be taken to address problem behaviour and to encourage the board to function well as a team
• Insights and approaches that can strengthen Board and staff relationships
• Mechanisms to hold high quality meetings
• How the board can be wired to govern well
• Mechanisms the board can utilise to review board effectiveness.
6pm - 7.30pm seminar
7.30pm - 8.00pm drinks
£25 excl. VAT (price below is inclusive of VAT).