This event is now over and took place on Tue 13 May 2014
Additional places available
This seminar will look in detail at two recent high profile data protection cases affecting not-for-profits. It will include:
Review of British Pregnancy Advisory Service case – fine of £200,000 by ICO
- Information Commissioner sanctions and fines
- What security measures should you have in place to comply with data protection law?
- Sharing personal information with your suppliers and making sure agreements cover data protection
- Websites and privacy policies
Analysis of Global Witness case
- Subject access requests
- Processing information fairly in compliance with the Data Protection Act
- The journalism exemption
How to carry out a data protection health check on your organisation
Mairead is doing a much wider data protection session on 15 May as part of the DSC Annual Charity Law Conference which will include: the latest guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office, the new EU Directive and topical issues when collecting data from supporters and donors. Click here to book for that session.
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH