This event is now over and took place on Wed 04 Jun 2014
For the first time in 100 years, there are six generational groups working together. What is the impact of this on the governance of our organisations? Think of different ways of engaging and seizing the opportunities to participate meaningfully in Board work.
New technologies present additional routes to attract, engage and support trustees drawn from diverse backgrounds. What options do new technologies present?
Questions to consider
- How can trustees be attracted from a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives?
- What is the range of generations we are encountering? Do their motivations, expectations and experiences make a difference?
- How can Board members from different generations work effectively together?
- What is the best thing that could happen when your Board embraces new technologies in strengthening its governance practices?
- What are the pitfalls (and dysfunctions) of being technologically savvy and how can these be addressed?
- How can Boards be entrepreneurial in an uncertain and complex environment?
- Fantastic diversity synergy - how can we create an environment and conditions that work for everyone and led to better prospects for the Board of the future?
- How do we ensure inclusiveness – to address the differing levels of technology engagement?
We will consider a number of case studies to see what we can learn as we develop good practices in recruiting, selecting and supporting an effective board.
7.30-8pm networking and drinks
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH