This event is now over and took place on Tue 24 Jun 2014
Social investment tax relief (SITR) has the potential to shake up social investment when it becomes available later this summer. According to research commissioned by Big Society Capital, SITR has the potential to unlock nearly half a billion pounds in new investment into charities and social enterprises.
It is imperative for charities and social enterprises seeking to access SITR that they are familiar with the technical rules underpinning the relief
BWB has long advocated a tax relief for social enterprises and participated in HM Treasury’s technical working group on SITR, which led to the proposed form of SITR as set out in the Finance Bill 2014. The Bill is expected to receive Royal Assent in July.
This two hour breakfast seminar on SITR will be held from 8.45-10.15am on 24 June 2014 and will led by Luke Fletcher and Simon Steeden. It is intended to provide delegates with a clear and practical understanding of:
- The tax reliefs available
- Investment, investor and investee eligibility criteria;
- The trading activities which qualify for social investment tax relief;
- The procedure for applying for advance assurance;
- How SITR might be used in different settings; and
- SITR’s interaction with other available tax relief schemes.
The seminar will also include contributions from:
- Simon Rowell (Market and Strategy Development Director, Big Society Capital)
- Alex Buckley (Venture Capital Schemes, HMRC)
- Anna Longman (Senior Policy Adviser, HM Treasury)
The seminar will conclude with a 20 minute Q&A session.
- 8:30 Arrivals and refreshments served
- 8:45-10:15 Seminar
Who should attend?
The seminar will be aimed at organisations and individuals who expect to be making use of SITR, including:
- CICs, charities and community benefit societies
- Social finance and investment intermediaries
- Individual investors
This is a free seminar. Priority in booking will be given to delegates from charities and social enterprises. Please fill in the form below to register your interest.
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH