This event is now over and took place on Tue 03 Nov 2015
Due to unforseen circumstances this event has now been cancelled. Further details regarding a postponed date will be posted in due course.
This masterclass will provide delegates with a detailed and practical understanding of discrimination law (covering all ‘protected characteristics’ under the Equality Act 2010) and ‘family friendly’ rights.
The masterclass will cover:
• All of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010
• The core concepts of discrimination, including:
o direct discrimination
o indirect discrimination
• Specific problem areas, including: reasonable adjustments, conscientious objection on religious grounds, mandatory retirement and equal pay
• Defending and preventing discrimination claims
• Family friendly rights, including:
o Flexible working requests
o Maternity, paternity and adoption leave (and the implications of redundancy)
o Maternity pay and benefits (including pensions, salary sacrifice and holiday payments)
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
• A detailed and practical explanation of the law
• Comprehensive notes and materials
• Template policies relating to equal opportunities and harassment
• Delegates will participate in practical workshops which demonstrate the practical application of the law
Who should attend?
• HR managers and directors
• Procurement and commissioning professionals
• In-house legal counsel
• CEOs and CFOs
• Trustees and non-executive directors
9.30am- Breakfast and registration
£150 (excl. VAT)
Please click here to view our cancellation and refund policy
Please click here to download our brochure for a full list of employment events.
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE