Thu 17 Nov 2016
16:00 - 18:00
The investigation process is fundamental to any disciplinary or grievance proceedings. While circumstances vary enormously, careful preparation will lay solid foundations for a thorough and timely investigation, but what is reasonable in each case?
Frequently, the investigation will throw up unexpected issues which may change the scope of the process. Often, these issues will need to be dealt with quickly and sensitively.
This new two hour workshop will provide delegates with the skills and confidence required to effectively prepare and conduct disciplinary and grievance investigations and to manage the wide range of often unforeseen challenges they face during the investigation process.
This seminar will cover:
- Laying the groundwork for an effective investigation
- Procedural issues:
- Overlapping disciplinary and grievance proceedings
- Proportionality and relevance
- Dealing with sickness absence and keeping to timetables
- Simultaneous criminal investigations
- Sensitive issues:
- Vulnerable employees
- Anonymous witnesses
- Managing reputational issues
- Managing concurrent exit discussions
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
- A detailed and practical explanation of the law
- Comprehensive notes and materials
- A series of practical examples, which bridge the gap between theory and practice
- Template letters and investigation guidelines
Who should attend?
- HR managers and directors
- In-house legal counsel
- Line managers and directors
- CEOs and CFOs
6:00pm finish and networking
£75 (excl. VAT)
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BECancellation policy for seminars