Tue 29 Nov 2016
17:00 - 19:30
The role of charity trustees in a changing environment will examine in depth the role and responsibilities of a charity trustee in an ever changing environment. The session will cover the following:
- The changing charity environment
- Regulation of charities
- The Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Act 2016 – new powers of the Charity Commission , new duties of trustees relating to fundraising and powers for social investment
- Legal responsibilities – CC3 - the Essential Trustee
- The role of trustees in practice – the problems and the experiences:
- Trustees and Social Media
- Governing boards, and achieving impact
- Board dynamics and working as a high performing team
Lindsay Driscoll, a former Legal Commissioner of the Charity Commission and former chair of the Code of Good Governance Steering Group with over 30 years' experience in charity law and governance.
Tesse Akpeki, Principal Consultant, Onboard and author of Bates Wells Braithwaite publication, Governing with Intent.
What delegates have said about Duties of Charity Trustees:
"Very informative - new areas of learning in a woolly and exacting world"
"Very useful as I am a new trustee, and also in my working life as a manager involved with charities"
"In an ever changing environment, it is critical to know what our role are as trustees. Lindsay is knowledgeable and is able to balance reality with theory and regulatory requirements"
7:30pm Networking and drinks
£50 (excl. VAT). The price below is inclusive of VAT.
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BECancellation policy for seminars