Tue 12 Sep 2017
15:30 - 17:30
BWB are excited to be hosting their annual, ever-popular event in conjunction with Remember A Charity as part of Remember A Charity in Your Will Week - the annual awareness raising campaign which aims to encourage people to consider leaving a legacy to charity when writing or updating their Will.
In addition to specialists from BWB’s Legacies, Trusts & Probate Disputes team, this year’s event will bring together expertise from key sector speakers in discussing the latest issues affecting charitable legacies:
Emma Bockhop - Remember A Charity
Meg Abdy – Legacy Foresight
Chris Millward – Institute of Legacy Management
Michael Clark – Cystic Fibrosis Trust
This event will take place on Tuesday 12 September 2017 at BWB’s offices followed by a drinks reception, and will include:
- Remember A Charity: its work and the importance of charity legacies
- Brexit and a minority government: implications and predictions for the legacy market
- Current issues for charity legacies: possible implications of Brexit and the Great Repeal Bill, the new Law Commission consultation on Wills and a snapshot of key data protection issues
- Charity legacy disputes: top takeaways from recent cases and looking to the future
- Latest views from the Institute of Legacy Management
- From a charity’s perspective: pressures on legacy fundraising in the current climate
- Sector panel discussion
- Networking opportunities
If you or someone else in your organisation would like to attend this seminar please register your interest below. This event is always oversubscribed so please book early to avoid disappointment.
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BECancellation policy for seminars
Event Registration of Interest
Please fill in your details to register your interest. We will be in touch as soon as possible to confirm whether or not you have a place.