In this edition of our faith-based update:
- Lucy McLynn looks at recent cases of vicarious liability where churches have been held liable for the abuse carried out by their priests and religious ministers.
- Augustus Della-Porta argues the need for Muslim charities.
- Simon Steeden explains the new rules which faith-based organisations and churches wishing to campaign on social issues in the run up to the election must comply with, and considers the impact of these rules on the sector.
- Lucy McLynn and Barbara Eze explore the inspirational work of Muslim Hands in this edition's Client Focus.
- Leona Roche reports on the significant case of St Margaret's in Scotland, which concerned public benefit and equality law and saw the decision of OSCR overturned.
- And finally, Lucy Rhodes and Barbara Eze provide a summary of a number of 2014's key issues.
BWB’s Faith-Based Organisations team is planning our events calendar for 2015 and would love to hear from you as to what topics or issues you would like us to cover in an upcoming seminar or masterclass. Your feedback and suggestions are greatly welcomed and valued. If you have any thoughts or ideas, please feel free to email Lucy McLynn or Leona Roche.
Click here to view the e-magazine.
Click here to download a printable PDF.
Posted on 28/01/2015 in Legal UpdatesBack to Knowledge