In this edition of the Property update:
- Nick Ivey examines the implications of using the consumer price index vs retail price index to measure yearly increases in line with inflation.
- Martin Gunson explains how new rules governing capital allowances work, whether you are buying or selling property.
- William Scott examines a recent Court of Appeal decision which highlights the importance of keeping track of break dates in leases to avoid serious ramifications and potential loss of money and business.
- Kate Shearer outlines everything you need to know about overage.
- Guest contributor Antonia Swinson of the Ethical Property Foundation explains the fairplace award.
- Charlie Miller provides a summary of two of 2014's key cases.
We also focus in detail on environmental issues, with articles covering:
- An update on Energy Performance Certificates (Jamie Huard)
- Leases with a hint of green
- Flood Re: who will be covered? (Jane Lougher)
Please click here to view these articles and more in our e-update.
To download a printable PDF, please click here.
Posted on 05/02/2015 in Legal UpdatesBack to Knowledge