In this Spring edition of the Real Estate update:
- Nick Ivey gives a round up of latest news and recent deals
- Jamie Huard discusses the Localism Act 2011 and the Community Right to Bid. We provide a reminder of the provisions relating to assets of community value (ACVs).
- Will Scott discusses how results of the government review of business rates are awaited, but recent court decisions on business rates have not been good news for rate payers.
- Stephen Callender offers advice for those thinking of purchasing or disposing of a business.
- Tom Allen discusses real estate due diligence on business acquisitions. Real estate is often one of the most valuable assets of any business. Purchasers should be fully aware of the risks that can be involved in the transfer of property as part of a business acquisition.
- Holly Terry provides a case roundup.
Posted on 30/03/2016 in Legal UpdatesBack to Knowledge