Aisha is a Solicitor in the Immigration Department and specialises in personal and business immigration.
Aisha has extensive knowledge of sponsor-related matters under Tier 2 and 5 of the Points Based System. Aisha is experienced in providing strategic advice and training on compliance to sponsors in the finance, tech, oil and gas, energy, sports, creative artists and media industries.
Aisha’s experience has included advising on complex Representative of Overseas Business naturalisation, and Indefinite Leave to Remain applications. Her previous experience also includes attending and advising clients held under the ‘fast track route’ at Immigration Removal Centres.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advised a range of clients on managing their risk processes, recruitment practices and how to remain compliant with UKVI sponsor duties;
- Conducted audits for corporate Tier 2 sponsors;
- Provided in-depth training to various corporate clients on sponsoring migrants, the various routes available, requirements and strategy;
- Advised a high profile global company of their TUPE and Tier 2 sponsor obligations pre and post-acquisition;
- Advised a number of individuals applying for leave to enter and remain under the Representative of Overseas Business category;
- Assisted with a complex Armed Forces naturalisation application;
- Provided training in relation to UKVI changes, the impact of the Migration Advisory Committee and sponsor compliance.
Qualifications and Career
- University of Westminster, LLB (Hons), 2004-2007
- University of London, LLM 2007-2008
- The College of Law, Bloomsbury, Legal Practice Course, 2009
- Consultant, Emigra Worldwide Ltd 2009-2010
- Paralegal, Gherson Solicitors, 2010-2011
- Trainee solicitor, Morden Solicitors LLP, 2011-2013
- Solicitor, Lexlaw, 2013-2015
- Solicitor, Ernst and Young, 2015-2017
- Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2017
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association