Andrew is a Solicitor in the Immigration Department and specialises in personal and business immigration.
Andrew began his career by representing the Secretary of State before the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration & Asylum Chamber). In this role Andrew took responsibility for a wide range of cases including refugee based claims, student appeals and human rights applications.
His last role as a civil servant saw him provide legal advice to the Home Office with regards to Judicial Review applications and High Court litigation relating to immigration and migration policy.
Andrew trained and qualified with well regarded niche immigration firm, D. J. Webb & Co Solicitors before joining Bates Wells Braithwaite.
Examples of Recent Work
- Appearing before the First-tier and Upper Tribunal concerning complex points of immigration law
- Obtained entry clearance for a Somalian child (who was in Egypt as a refugee) to join his father in exceptional circumstances outside of the Immigration Rules
- Initiated and handled Judicial Reviews and statutory appeals to the Court of Appeal against decisions of the Home Office
- Providing advice to high net worth individuals applying to enter the UK as investors or entrepreneurs and managing their long term interests
- Obtaining a court injunction to prevent the removal of a spouse of a British citizen
- Successfully obtained leave to remain for a long term overstayer on the basis of marriage to a British citizen
- Obtained leave to remain for a Ghanaian national who wasn’t married to his partner but were in a genuine and subsisting relationship
- Advised a small business on their liability to pay a civil penalty which resulted in a significantly reduced fine
Qualifications and Career
- City, University of London (LLB honours) 2007-2010
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course 2012
- Home Office Presenting Officer, Home Office 2012 - 2014
- Immigration Caseworker, Government Legal Department (formerly known as Treasury Solicitors) 2015
- Trained and qualified at D. J. Webb & Co Solicitors 2015 - 2017
- Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite 2017
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association