Anna joined our Corporate and Commercial team in September 2015 after completing her training contract at BWB. Shortly after completing her training contract Anna undertook a secondment at Santander bank, working as part of the bank's in-house corporate lending team.
Anna works on a broad range of commercial transactions and has expertise in technology contracts, consumer protection and data protection laws.
Anna works closely with our Compliance team advising various FinTech and FCA regulated clients on commercial aspects of financial services, and drafting terms and conditions of trade for online and offline regulated financial services, available to retail and professional clients.
Examples of Recent Work
- Technology: software development agreements, software licensing and support agreements, CRM development and implementation contracts, SaaS agreements, staff augmentation agreements, managed services agreements, mobile app development and branding agreements;
- E-commerce: online terms and conditions of sale (B2B and B2C), acceptable use policies, privacy policies and privacy notices (including under the GDPR regime), advising on regulatory compliance for e-trading (including via mobile apps). Examples of recent clients include an online music streaming service, a social networking site, an employee benefits portal and an e-learning platform;
- Data protection: drafting data processing agreements (including for data transfers outside the EEA), advising on GDPR compliance and direct marketing (including workshops with clients’ in-house teams and seminars), drafting and negotiating GDPR compliant data processing clauses for a range of commercial agreements (acting for both data controllers and data processors), including in the context of cloud computing;
- Advertising and publishing: drafting and negotiating media buying and advertising services agreements, reviewing and negotiating publishing contracts;
- General contracts: sale of goods and services, distribution, agency, consultancy and joint venture/collaboration agreements, drafting standard terms of sale and template client contracts;
- IP licensing agreements and general advice to start-ups on IP and brand protection. Examples of recent work include drafting a trade mark licence agreement for a US owned white label app, to be launched in the UK under a well-known UK trade mark, drafting a licence agreement for a major UK brand to appoint an exclusive manufacturer and distributor in China, drafting standard database supply and services agreement for a leading data and marketing lists wholesaler;
- Outsourcing, including outsourcing in the context of FCA regulated activities;
- Financial services: drafting crowdfunding platform terms and conditions, drafting receiving agent/custodian/nominee services terms and conditions, reviewing and negotiating payments services agreements, drafting standard form client engagement contracts for a variety of financial services firms;
- Advising awarding organisations on commercial aspects of appointing approved centres, drafting centre agreements
Qualifications and Career
- University of Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, MA in Law, 2005
- BPP Law School, London, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2009
- BPP Law School, London, Legal Practice Course, 2012
- Paralegal at Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2010 – 2013
- Trainee solicitor at Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2013 – 2015
- Admitted as a solicitor, September 2015
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Member of the Society for Computers and Law
- Member of the Tech UK
- Member of the Women in Law network