Anna joined our Corporate and Commercial team in September 2015 after completing her training contract at BWB. Anna works on a broad range of commercial lending, financial services and general commercial transactions, including outsourcing, sale of goods and services, agency, distribution, consultancy and joint venture/collaboration agreements. Anna also has strong experience of advising on consumer protection laws.
Anna works closely with our Compliance team advising various FinTech and FCA regulated clients on commercial aspects of financial services, and drafting terms and conditions of trade for online and offline regulated financial services, available to retail and professional clients.
Anna also advises on a wide range of technology and e-commerce matters, including software development agreements, CRM development and implementation agreements, website privacy policies, acceptable use policies and terms and conditions of trade (business to business and business to consumer), as well as intellectual property licences and data protection matters.
Anna also has expertise in drafting and reviewing commercial contracts for public sector bodies and awarding organisations (including Recognised Centre agreements).
Anna undertook a secondment at Santander bank, working as part of the bank's in-house corporate lending team.
Examples of Recent Work
- Drafting terms and conditions for a regulated crowdfunding platform
- Drafting terms of custody services for a FCA regulated custodian
- Advising on consumer credit authorisation and exemptions
- Advising on a £3m invoice discounting and overdraft facility for a technology business
- Drafting terms of engagement for an online platform based recruitment business (candidates and clients)
- Drafting distribution agreement for online learning solutions, for a distributor based in China
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating Customer Relationship Management software development agreement for a membership organisation
- Drafting standard terms and conditions for the sale of goods and supply of services
- Drafting and advising on a collaboration agreement between an awarding body recognised by Ofqual and a commercial partner
- Drafting and reviewing Recognised Centre agreements for awarding bodies to ensure compliance with the Ofqual General Conditions of Recognition.
Qualifications and Career
- University of Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, MA in Law, 2005
- BPP Law School, London, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2009
- BPP Law School, London, Legal Practice Course, 2012
- Paralegal at Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2010 – 2013
- Trainee solicitor at Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2013 – 2015
- Admitted as a solicitor, September 2015
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Member of the Society for Computers and Law
- Member of the Tech UK
- Member of the Women in Law network