Trade Mark and Patent Attorney
Catharina is a dual-qualified Chartered Trade Mark Attorney and European Patent Attorney, with over ten years’ experience in assisting clients with registration and protection of their intellectual property rights.
She regularly advises charities, membership organisations and commercial entities on trade mark clearance searching, registration, opposition and enforcement. Catharina also specialises in management of large international trade mark and patent portfolios, as well as drafting, prosecuting and opposing European mechanical patents. She joined BWB after co-heading the London office of an international boutique IP law firm, and brought with her a wealth of experience from the commercial sector, particularly fashion and consumer products.
Her current and past clients include The Institute of Masters of Wine, Girl Guiding, Giorgio Armani group, De’Longhi, the organizing committees of the Paralympic Games, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Cruelty Free International, Samaritans, Crimestoppers, Shelter, Sight Savers, ToyWatch, and many others.
Examples of recent work
- Filing and prosecuting trade mark and patent applications in the UK, Europe and around the world
- Dealing with contentious trade mark and patent matters such as oppositions and infringement matters, including conducting settlement negotiations
- Trade mark and patent searching and clearance, in the UK, the EU and the rest of the world
- Advice and registration services in relation to registered designs and domain names
- Intellectual property portfolio management services
Qualifications and career
- Imperial College London, MEng (Hons), Chemical Engineering, 2004
- Queen Mary College, University of London, MSc Intellectual Property Management, 2005
- Rapisardi Intellectual Property, co-head of London office, 2006
- Qualified as a UK and European trade mark attorney in 2010
- Qualified as a European patent attorney in 2010
- Joined BWB in 2014
Pro bono, memberships and appointments
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- Member of the International Trademark Association
- Member of the European Patent Institute
- Trustee of Orbis UK