Chetal advises high net worth individuals on securing leave to enter and remain in the UK under the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Investor) routes. She also has experience in advising migrants on suitable immigration applications whose previous leave was under either Tier 1 (General) or the post-study work routes.
She regularly advises a variety of clients on sponsor-related matters, in particular under Tier 2 and 4 of the Points Based System. She advises organisations on sponsor licence applications and renewals, including providing pragmatic guidance and advice on the requisite HR processes, assisting with immigration audits, meeting compliance obligations and preparing clients for and attending pre/post UK Visas and Immigration visits.
Chetal acts for a broad range of clients from charities, educational establishments, hedge fund companies, high net worth individuals and start-up companies to multinational companies.
She is fluent in Gujarati.
Examples of recent work
- Providing strategic immigration advice to high net worth individuals around their long term future plans for the UK and their personal/business needs
- Advised a technology company with a global presence on the immigration aspects of an urgent acquisition of a company in the aerospace sector
- Advised a national dental practice in obtaining a Sponsor Licence following the TUPE transfer of migrants
- Advised an international media company in connection with the sponsorship of an individual under Tier 2 (General) who had not properly disclosed a foreign criminal conviction on a previous UK visa application
- Successfully applied for a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence for a Multi-Academy Trust which was granted by UK Visas & Immigration within a week from submission which enabled the Multi-Academy Trust to plan for its new intake of teachers in time for the start of the new school term
- Provided bespoke training on the Sponsor Licence regime to the Internal HR Co-ordinators of a national property development company and conducted an extensive immigration audit so that any examples of non-compliance were identified and dealt with before the submission of a Sponsor Licence renewal application
- Provided strategic immigration advice to migrants including those whose employment had been terminated with immediate effect following its sponsor, a NHS Trust, having incorrectly assigned them Certificates of Sponsorship
- Advised a household name on individuals entering the UK to participate in a UK reality TV series who had previously spent criminal convictions and adverse immigration history
- Advised a well known restaurant in the theatre industry in respect of a Civil Penalty Notice that had been issued for suspected illegal workers
- Successfully represented a media consultancy company in respect of an intention by UK Visas & Immigration to downgrade its Sponsor Licence which resulted in the company’s A-rating being maintained
- Advised a leading London educational establishment and faith based organisation on the suspension of their respective Sponsor Licences
Qualifications and career
- Swansea University, LLB (Hons) Law and Business Studies, 2002-2005
- The College of Law, Moorgate, Legal Practice Course, 2006
- Trainee solicitor, Birketts LLP, 2007-2009
- Solicitor, Birketts LLP, 2009-2011
- Solicitor, Gherson, 2011-2013
- Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2013
- Promoted to Associate, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2015
- Promoted to Senior Associate, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2016
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association