David is an experienced corporate lawyer with a keen understanding of underlying commercial sensitivities. His practice covers all aspects of corporate work, including public company takeovers, fundraisings and IPOs, private company and business acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and reorganisations across a wide variety of industries. He has extensive experience of the UK public markets, having advised on numerous flotations and secondary fundraisings, acting for issuers, brokers, sponsors and nomads. He also advises on M&A, venture capital and other corporate finance matters. David has a particular interest in acting for socially responsible businesses and a significant track record of, advising on transactions in the technology sector.
Examples of recent work
- Advised AIM-quoted Eleco plc on its £2.95m secondary fundraising and bank debt refinancing.
- Advised P2i Limited on £7.5 million pre-IPO fundraising in Singapore.
- Advised The Alan Edward Higgs Charity on the sale to London Wasps Holdings Limited of its 50% joint-venture interest in Arena Coventry Limited, the manager of and holder of the long-leasehold interest in the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.
- Advised a micro-lender on debt facilities of up to £130m, to fund its growing working capital needs.
- Advised P2i Limited on its further £12 million private equity fundraising to support its continued rapid growth
- Advised Hubco Investments plc on its placing and admission to trading on the PLUS-quoted market
- Advised Pig Inns Ltd on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Gubb Inns Ltd, the country pub and hotel owner
- Advised AIM-quoted Progressive Digital Media Group on new secured term and revolving loan facilities of up to £22 million provided by the Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Advised on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Finalta Enterprises Ltd, a leading financial services benchmarking and best practice firm, to a leading global management consultancy
- Advised international media company World Market Intelligence Ltd, on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Timetric Ltd, the owner and developer of software for the processing and visualisation of economic data for use in the trade publication market
Qualifications and career
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite in 2011
- Senior associate at Olswang LLP, London, 2006
- Associate at Faegre & Benson LLP, London, 2002
- Trainee at Faegre & Benson LLP, London, 2000
- University College London, LLB (Hons) Law Degree, 1998