Holly is a Solicitor in the Charity & Social Enterprise team where she advises charities, not for profit organisations and businesses with a social purpose on a range of legal and commercial matters including formation and registration, constitutional and regulatory compliance, and general charity and company law.
Holly is also a member of the Faith-Based Organisations group and has a particular interest in advising faith-based charities and other mission led organisations.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advising on the formation and registration of new charities and social enterprises, including CICs and CIOs
- Advising on constitutional and operational issues for charities and social enterprises, including advising on conflicts of interest, procedure and other governance matters
- Acting on mergers between charities and not-for-profit organisations
Qualifications and Career
- University of Oxford, BA (Hons) Theology, 2011;
- Kaplan Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2012;
- Kaplan Law School, Legal Practice Course, 2013;
- Trainee Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2014-2016;
- Admitted as a solicitor in September 2016
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Pro bono advice on the charity registration application of an existing public interest organisation
- Pro bono advice on the establishment of a new charity