Senior Manager, Advisory and Impact
Katie has over eighteen years’ experience providing management, consultancy, research and evidence-based strategic advice in both private and not-for-profit sectors and is skilled at tailoring strategies to individual organisation’s cultural nuances and practices. Her work has ranged from small team performance improvement to strategic transformation programmes in large corporates.
Katie works part-time for BWB Advisory and Impact and also holds an Honorary research role at UCL, where she is researching governance, policy and leadership for sustainable cities as part of the multi-disciplinary Liveable Cities research programme.
Examples of Recent Work
- Use of action research workshops combined with desk research to critically review funding and service delivery models within specific charitable sectors, and build recommendations for outcomes-based alternatives.
- Strategy development in the healthcare insurance industry exploring future opportunities in light of changes to state healthcare provision via the NHS. This included innovative analysis of the UK’s healthcare ‘system’ and the actors and dynamics within it as well as the development of future scenarios against which to test strategic options.
- Rapid response opportunity, impact and options analysis following regulatory change within the Payment Protection Insurance market leading to more robust and up-to-date risk mitigation and management strategies.
- Development of competitor and market analysis techniques to provide insight into competitor behaviour and capability across UK and European insurance markets, informing client’s participation, product and pricing strategies.
- Strategic review resulting in a modernisation of a not-for-profit organisation’s service delivery model to better meet the changing needs of its client base.
- MA (Cantab) – Modern languages degree from Robinson College, Cambridge
- ACMI – Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Management
- ITIL qualified – IT Service Management Practitioner
- BWB Advisory and Impact from January 2015
- UCL, Liveable Cities programme from July 2012
- Aviva UK - Senior Strategy Manager in the General and Healthcare divisions
- Aviva UK - Management, consultancy and organisational development within the IT and Systems function
- Clifford Chance LLP - Strategy and operational development within the global IT and Knowledge Management function
- Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE, now IET) – Management and organisational development roles
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- FRSA – Fellow of the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)
- Honorary Research Associate at University College London (UCL)
- Trustee – Setpoint London East, a charity whose aim is to inspire young people in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Trustee – Stile Antico Foundation, a charitable body established to facilitate access to and awareness of Renaissance music and support for young musicians