Lindsay is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial Department, specialising in UK and EU competition law. She advises on all aspects of competition law from anti-competitive agreements and abuses of dominance to merger control and EU State aid. Lindsay also covers the commercial aspects of other EU-based laws such as privacy, data protection and export controls. She particularly enjoys delivering compliance training ‘at the coal face’ to clients. Lindsay qualified at international law firm Simmons & Simmons in 2000. She subsequently worked as a senior legal adviser for a sectoral regulator and went on to join the top-ranking Competition Group at Slaughter and May. Lindsay assists clients from all sectors of the economy but also has, unusually, an in-depth understanding of the UK health and social care sector.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advising an educational awarding organisation on exclusive terms in commercial agreements.
- Advising a major pan-European white goods manufacturer on non-compete terms.
- Advising UK companies on competition due diligence and UK merger control issues in acquisitions.
- Advising a UK professional body on compliance with the new EU data protection regime.
- Advising a UK technology innovation centre on the EU competition rules re technology transfer and exemptions.
- Advising a UK F&B trade association on rules of membership and compliance with competition law.
- Advising a social enterprise active in drug rehabilitation on local government funding and compliance with EU State aid.
- Advising a consortium of healthcare consultants on compliance with the CMA Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order.
- Advising NHS Trusts on bid-rigging, market sharing and information exchange under competition law and sectoral regulation.
- Delivering nationwide-wide competition compliance training for a FTSE250 construction company.
Qualifications and Career
- St John’s College, Oxford University. MA Modern Languages 1996
- Trained and qualified at Simmons & Simmons (2000)
- Associate, Hogan Lovells
- Senior Legal Adviser to Ofwat
- Senior PSL at Slaughter and May
- Senior Associate at Hempsons
- Joined BWB, March 2017
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Law Society Competition Section
- Trustee of the Mudchute Association, a charity dedicated to conservation, education and animal welfare at extensive park facilities in east London.