Analyst, Advisory and Impact
Louise joined the Advisory and Impact team in September 2014. She works with charities, social enterprises, and commercial organisations from a range of sectors, conducting social impact evaluations, assisting with business development, and transactions such as corporate disposals, and mergers. Louise recently represented the Impact and Advisory department at the NCVO trustee conference.
Louise previously volunteered with Nailsea Disability Initiative, working closely with clients to assess their needs and defend their rights, particularly in relation to welfare benefits, but also tackling many other issues that marginalised groups face. She also played a key role developing the charity’s systems and procedures, and marketing its work.
In the past she has coordinated projects working with homeless people to develop communication skills, since a lack of such skills can be a barrier to re-entry into mainstream society, and she is particularly interested in projects developing this and related sectors.
Examples of recent work
- Research and modelling social impact evaluation for a charity in the leisure sector
- Work on other impact reports also includes evaluations for StepChange Debt Charity and Horder Healthcare
- Financial advisory and business planning to support a charity seeking to raise funds to expand its services
- Assisting in assessing a charity’s attractiveness to investors
- Researching potential investors for clients
Qualifications and Career
- Clare College, Cambridge, BA (Hons) Politics, Psychology, and Sociology, 2013
- University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2014
- Joined BWB, 2014
- Currently studying to become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Former advisor and Trustee at Nailsea Disability Service
- Project coordinator working with St. Mungo’s, Bristol