Marina supports the Charity and Social Enterprise team with various aspects of their work, including the formation of new charities, company incorporations and legal research.
Marina is also a member of the Faith-Based Organisations group and has a particular interest in assisting with work for Christian and other faith-based charities.
Before joining BWB, Marina worked at the Directory of Social Change where she gained experience of the Charity sector.
Examples of Recent Work
- Assisting with charity registrations
- Drafting articles of association
- Drafting written resolutions
- Assisting with Companies House and Charity Commission matters
- Departmental support and in-depth legal research
Qualifications and Career
- University of Kent, Law LLB (Hons), 2008
- University of London, Human Rights Law LLM, 2011
- Directory of Social Change, In-house Training coordinator, 2012-14
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2014
- Paralegal at Bates Wells Braithwaite 2015
- Senior Paralegal at Bates Wells Braithwaite 2015
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Junior advisor at South West London Law Centre
- Coordinator at Urban Table, a soup kitchen in Hackney
- Volunteer at Hackney Winter Night Shelter
- Experience of voluntary work in the UK and Ghana