Mark is a Solicitor in the Charity & Social Enterprise team where he advises charities, not for profit organisations and businesses with a social purpose on a range of legal and commercial matters including formation and registration, constitutional and regulatory compliance, issues relating to contractual and grant funding arrangements, and general charity and company law. Having trained at a large city law firm, Mark has experience in a range of corporate and finance departments and has worked on a significant number of high value and cross-border transactions. He is also a member of the Information Law team at BWB.
Examples of Recent Work
- Constitutional work updating articles of association of small and medium-sized charities;
- Acting on mergers between charities and not-for-profit organisations;
- Advising on conflicts of interest, procedure and other governance matters; and
- Advising on social finance and investment issues.
Qualifications and Career
- University of York, LLB Bachelor of Laws (First class), 2011
- Volunteer, Swaziland Action Group Against Abuse, 2012
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course (Distinction), 2013
- Trainee Solicitor, Hogan Lovells International LLP, 2013-2015
- Admitted as a solicitor at BWB, 2015
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Member of the Charity Law Association