Melvyna joined BWB as a Paralegal in the Charity and Social Enterprise team in July 2015 having previously worked for an international Lifestyle Management company, managing the company’s relationships with some of the UK’s top restaurants.
She has previously worked as a court clerk for a small high street firm and has carried out work as a volunteer at the Royal Courts of Justice’s Advice Bureau assisting litigants-in-person with Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution matters.
Examples of Recent Work
- Assisting with constitutional work updating articles of association of small and medium-sized charities.
- Assisting with advice on conflicts of interest, procedure and other governance matters.
- Assisting with charity formations and applications with the Charity Commission, drafting governing documents and advice on regulatory filing requirements.
- Assisting the Philanthropy and Procurement & State Aid cross departmental groups.
- Development and maintenance of BWB’s Get Legal website
- Assisting with drafting of agreements and heads of terms.
- Attending client meetings and producing detailed minutes.
- Interviewing clients and compiling chronologies
- Departmental support and in-depth legal research.
- Writing articles for client updates.
Qualifications and Career
- Queen Mary University of London, Law LLB, 2012
- University of Law, London, Bloomsbury, LPC, 2015
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Legal Assistant Volunteer at the Royal Courts of Justice Advice Bureau
- Junior Advisor at South West London Law Centre
- Befriender with Battersea Befriending Network
- Volunteer at Hackney Winter Night Shelter