Molly is a solicitor in the Charity & Social Enterprise team where she advises charities, not for profit organisations and business with a social purpose on a range of issues. Molly advises on charity formation and registration, contracts, governance and legal structures, constitutional changes and compliance, regulatory compliance as well as general charity law.
With a background in drama and applied theatre Molly has a particular interest in the creative and cultural industries and is a member of the Culture + Creative group at BWB.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advising on the formation and registration of new charities and social enterprises, including CICs and CIOs
- Advising on constitutional and operational issues for charities and social enterprises, including advising on conflicts of interest, procedure and other governance matters
- Advising on grant funding agreements and conditions
- Acting on mergers between charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Acting on transfers of services, out of larger charities and local authorities
- Acting on incorporations of existing charities, including establishing a corporate entity, undertaking due diligence, drafting the relevant agreements and dealing with the unincorporated charity post-transfer
- Advising on constitutional reviews and alterations, including liaising with the Charity Commission for Charity Commission consent where necessary.
Qualifications and Career
- University of Manchester, BA (Hons) English Literature and Drama, 2011
- University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2012
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2013
- Paralegal, Charles Russell, 2013 – 2014
- Trainee Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2014 – 2016
- Admitted as a solicitor in September 2016
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Trustee of Angel Shed Theatre Company
- Secretary of Citizens UK
- Adviser at South West London Law Centre