Murdoch is a partner specialising in corporate finance particularly equity capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. He also advises companies and individuals on joint venture arrangements, shareholders agreements and capital structuring.
Murdoch advises quoted and listed companies and banks/brokers on the Listing Rules, the DTRs, the Prospectus Rules, the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, the AIM Rules and English company law. He also specialises in cross border and domestic mergers and acquisitions and UK public company takeovers.
Examples of Recent Work
- FairFX Group plc, the AIM quoted multicurrency payments service, on its IPO, subsequent secondary fundraisings and its acquisition of Q Money.
- Eclectic Bar Group plc (now The Brighton Pier Group plc) on its acquisition of all the shares in The Brighton Marine Palace and Pier Company (“Brighton Pier”). The acquisition was a reverse takeover under the AIM Rules.
- Science Group plc, the AIM quoted science and technology adviser, on its acquisition of the business of Leatherhead Food Research International.
- N Mas Uno (N+1) now Alantra on the acquisition of Brewin Dolphin's corporate advisory and broking division and its subsequent merger with Singer Capital Markets to form N+1 Singer.
- Global Environment Fund (GEF), a global alternative asset manager on the structuring of its investment in Greenko Group plc (Indian clean energy producer) and its successful exit from the investment by way of sale.
- Adgorithms on its US$125m initial public offering (IPO) on AIM.
Qualifications and Career
- Cardiff University, LLB (Hons) Law Degree
- Qualified as a solicitor - 1989
- Associate and then Partner at Edward Lewis 1990 – 2000
- Partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP 2000 – 2017
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite in 2017