As an experienced banking and finance lawyer Patrick advises clients on a broad range of high value and/or complex finance transactions, focusing on general corporate finance, leveraged finance (including acquisition finance, management buy-outs, management buy-ins, public-to-private transactions) real estate finance (including the acquisition and development finance), asset based lending, receivables finance, debt restructuring and corporate reorganisations.
Patrick acts for a wide range of clients including main UK clearing banks, investment banks, international banks, specialist lenders, institutional investors, asset based lenders, and public sector and corporate borrowers. His considerable deal experience, commercial approach and sound technical advice ensure clients receive effective practical solutions.
Examples of Recent Work
- Acting for P2i Limited on a £10 million club fundraising to support its continued rapid growth
- Acting for a London based data supply company on £11 million funding for EBT
- Acting for an international client on €500 million funding for agricultural project in Turkey
- Acting for The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in connection with certain funding elements on the £21m reverse takeover of a cloud computing business
- Acting for Santander Breakthrough Growth Fund on the £1.2 million refinancing of CitNOW Limited
- Acting for Mavin Capital on the refinancing of Unique Digital Solutions Limited
- Acting for Bank Leumi on a €36 million multi option facility for an off-shore software company
Qualifications and Career
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite, London 2015
- Partner Freeths LLP London/Manchester 2013
- Partner Hill Dickinson LLP, Manchester 2006
- Secondee to Astra Zeneca plc, 2006
- Associate and trainee Addleshaw Goddard LLP, Manchester 2000
- Liverpool Law School (Cayman Islands), LLB (Hons) Law Degree, 2000
For several years Patrick has been recognised by Legal500 and Chambers & Partners as a leader in the field and has been described as "pragmatic", "proactive" and "very easy to deal with and very sensible; he gets on with the job and is extremely thorough".