Peter is an Immigration Advisor based in the Immigration Department and specialises in business immigration and compliance.
Prior to moving to the private sector, Peter worked for the Home Office as a Border Force Officer where he was based at Heathrow.
Peter has extensive knowledge of sponsor-related matters under Tier 2 and 4 of the Points Based System and of Visa applications submitted under these routes. Peter has also a wide and detailed experience in Sponsor Compliance under the Points Bases System (PBS).
Peter’s diverse experience includes working on more complex applications including Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), EEA Family Permits and Naturalisation submissions.
Examples of Recent Work
- Assisting with Tier 2 and Tier 4 Entry Clearance and Leave to Remain applications
- Provided tailored advice on a Visa refusal due to undisclosed criminal convictions
- Assisted on ‘High Volume’ accounts for two leading FTSE 100 clients
- Conducted Immigration Mock Audits and provided strategic advice on compliance related issues
- Provided extensive training on the UK Immigration system to SME sponsors
- Liaised with the Home Office in relation to the detention of clients at the UK Border
Qualifications and Career
- University of Buckingham, LLB (Hons), 2008
- College of Law, Bar Vocational Course, 2010
- Immigration Enforcement, Immigration Officer, 2013
- Border Force, Border Force Officer, 2013-2015
- Associate PwC Legal, 2015-2016
- Paralegal, Fragomen LLP, 2016
- Assistant Consultant, EY, 2016-2017
- Bates Wells Braithwaite, Immigration Advisor, 2017
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Undertaking Pro Bono work on the appeals process regarding the refusal to grant Continuing Healthcare funding
- Middle Temple