Rebecca has experience of advising a wide range of charities, social enterprises, public bodies and commercial clients in relation to all aspects of commercial property transactions including acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold property, landlord and tenant work including granting and taking new leases, lease renewals, assignments and underlettings, property finance and security work, charity mergers and incorporations, and public sector spin out transactions. Rebecca advises a range of funders and charitable foundations on the provision of grants and loans.
Rebecca is a member of the Social Finance, Public Services and Mutuals, Social Housing and Responsible Business groups at BWB.
Examples of recent work
- Acting for various sporting bodies in connection with security and funding issues arising from a range of grants and loans.
- Advising a number of charitable foundations in relation to grant and loan funding.
- Acting for various banks on the property due diligence and security aspects of lending and refinancing in the charity sector.
- Advising a range of charities and community interest companies including music services, children’s services, adult education, arts organisations and a heritage charity on the property aspects of spinning out services from a local authority relating to a huge number of different properties.
- Advising on a number of mergers of charities with varying legal structures.
- Advising a number of large national charities in relation to their property portfolios.
- Advising a number of charities and commercial organisations in relation to granting, taking and renewing leases.
Qualifications and career
- Durham University, LLB (Hons)
- Training contract with CMS Cameron McKenna LLP, 2011-2013
- Admitted as a solicitor, 2013
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2013
Pro bono, memberships and appointments
- Advisor at the South West London Law Centre
- Registered Property Professional for the Ethical Property Foundation which provides pro bono advice to small charities
- Advisor for the LawWorks pro bono advisory service
- Member of Charities Property Association
- Member of Lawyers Against Poverty