Richard is experienced in all aspects of commercial property transactions and has been involved in a wide variety of transactions including acquisitions, disposals, leasing, development, secured lending, landlord and tenant and property management matters. Richard acts for a range of clients including charities, investors, retail specialists, providers of managed offices, developers, insolvency practitioners and funders.
Examples of Recent Work
- Acting on behalf of UK and international companies and joint venture clients in connection with the redevelopment, letting, funding, management and disposal of retail, leisure and multi-screen cinema complexes in London and the South.
- Acting for a specialist office space provider in relation to the leasing of key sites in London and the regions for the provision of bespoke managed office facilities.
- Acting for a charity sector client on their leasing requirements of a number of prime West London retail and restaurant premises.
- Advising a well-known international bank on a wide variety of financing and disposals of commercial and residential property developments across London and the South East.
- Dealing with portfolio acquisitions and sale and leaseback transactions on retail banking properties nationwide.
- Acting for a private US investor on a £13.3m acquisition and subsequent financing of a London mid-town property with a view to subsequent redevelopment for student residential accommodation.
- Responsible for all aspects of a title review and lease reporting on a multi-tenanted industrial development in Manchester for £8.1m, as part of a large portfolio purchase and subsequent refinancing.
- Acting for a number of institutional investors on the leasing and disposals of multi-let properties for use as retail, leisure, hotels and serviced apartments, offices, warehousing and distribution.
Qualifications and Career
- LLB Cardiff University: 1999-2002
- LPC Cardiff Law School: 2002 - 2003
- Admitted as a solicitor 2006
- Trainee solicitor, Nabarro Nathanson, 2004 – 2006
- Associate solicitor, Nabarro LLP, Commercial Property, 2006 – 2010
- Assistant solicitor, Shepherd & Wedderburn LLP in London, Commercial Property, 2011 - 2015
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite as Senior Associate, Commercial Property, 2015
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Active member of the Urban Land Institute