Sinead provides support to the Charity & Social Enterprise department including legal research and assistance with charity formations and advice on regulatory filing requirements. Additionally, Sinead assists the Public Services & Mutuals cross departmental group in providing governance, due diligence and restructure advice to local authorities and spin out organisations, and also supports the Professional Support team in researching the legal and political implications of the EU referendum. Prior to joining BWB, Sinead worked at the charity sector umbrella body, Charity Finance Group and the pro bono charity, LawWorks.
Examples of Recent Work
- Assisting with charity formations and applications with the Charity Commission, drafting governing documents and advice on regulatory filing requirements.
- Assisting with drafting of agreements and heads of terms.
- Ongoing research on the legal and political implications of the EU referendum.
- Assisting the Public Services & Mutuals cross departmental group with restructures and due diligence.
- Providing support to senior fee-earners across departments on a range of charity and company law matters.
Qualifications and Career
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite in 2016
- University of Law, LPC, (2015 to present)
- Charity Finance Group (2014 – 16)
- LawWorks, (2013 - 2014)
- University of Nottingham, LLM Human Rights Law, (2010 – 2011) - Distinction
- University College Cork, BCL Law, (2007 – 2010) - 2:1
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Volunteer at South West London Law Centre
- Volunteer at health and wellbeing charity, Mind Yourself
- Student legal advisor, Nottingham Student Legal Advice Centre (2011 - 2012)
- Researcher, Amicus Society (2011 – 20