Tesse is a consultant, trainer and Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution accredited mediator. She was formerly head of governance and trustee services at the National Council for Voluntary Organisations and has worked extensively with third sector organisations nationally and internationally.
Tesse, an accredited coach, specialises in governance development and leadership. She served as non-executive director in the NHS for 12 years. Her focus is in enabling harmonious professional relationships especially for senior leaders, trustee boards and facilitating change management programmes.
Also she is the author of various publications on governance, trusteeship and leadership.
Examples of recent work
- Carried out governance reviews and board assessments
- Evaluated board performance
- Undertook a DiSC profile for three boards
- Undertook board restructuring
- Analysed board skills resulting in a successful board recruitment strategy
- Developed board and chair development programmes
- Undertook coaching for chairs and chief executives
- Developed a leadership personal development programme
Qualifications and career
- LLB, LLM, BL
- FCIS (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators)
- Accredited coach (Coaching Academy)
- Graduate, Learn as Lead (USA)
- Graduate, Creating the Futures (USA)
- Scholar, Inner Activist (Building deeper and sustainable relationships)
- Practitioner, Appreciative Inquiry
Pro bono, memberships and appointments
- She is currently a governor of International Students House and chair of its Governance Committee
- Mentors young people
- Blogger for Civil Society magazine