Tim is a Senior Associate in the Immigration Department advising clients across the full range of personal, business immigration, and human rights and refugee based claims. More than 15 years qualified, he started his practice in the Legal Aid sector, moving on to work for 10 years within a highly regarded niche immigration firm: Wesley Gryk LLP, before joining Bates Wells Braithwaite. Tim is equally at ease working with high net worth individuals and their families, organisations and businesses, couples and family groups, and vulnerable applicants.
Tim has long been listed a leader in the field of personal immigration in the Chambers Directory.
Examples of Recent Work
- Secured Tier 1 Exceptional Talent/Promise status for a leading avant-garde young composer and musician (1 of only 1,000 permits available for issue per year)
- Resolved the status of 2 long term unlawfully resident families by arguing that the best interests of their children lay in being educated in the UK
- Assisting a Tier 1 Entrepreneur in changing her status to that of Investor
- Won a long fought appeal to enable the same-sex partner of a UK national to be able to visit from East Africa
- Secured a Tier 2 Licence for a private preparatory school and a residence permit for a newly recruited graduate teacher there
- Won refugee status for gay men from Ghana and Bangladesh
- Persuaded UK Visas and Immigration to grant indefinite leave to remain to a noted film maker with Tier 1 General status despite him having been absent from the UK for “excessive” periods over the relevant qualifying years.
Qualifications and Career
- Emmanuel College, Cambridge University. BA English 1986
- College of Law. Common Professional Examination and Legal Practice Course 1993
- Trained and qualified at Wilson & Co
- Legal Aid asylum and human rights lawyer at Glazer Delmar
- Private immigration associate to partnership at Wesley Gryk LLP
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Current Chair of Trustees of UK Lesbian and Gay Immigration Group (UKLGIG)
- Former Trustee/Board member Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
- Trainer for ILPA, Office of the Immigration Service Commissioner (OISC) and many others