Tom Allen has experience of advising on a broad range of commercial property matters and has worked with a range of clients, from local authorities to large commercial enterprises
Examples of Recent Work
- Advising a local authority on a sale and purchase development agreement, and assisting with title due diligence;
- Advising on a local authority’s statutory powers to acquire and appropriate land for development purposes;
- The letting of a new enquiry office in west London, acting for a postal operator as tenant;
- Various landlord and tenant matters for a US bank as tenant at its head office in central London;
- Multiple office lettings, acting for a subsea engineering and construction company as tenant at its UK head office location;
- Due diligence on the acquisition and development of a new supermarket site for a national supermarket;
- The sale of a number of property assets for an asset management company, including a retail centre and a mixed use campus;
- Multiple lettings at a 370,000 sq. ft. mixed-use development in central London acting for the landlord.
Qualifications and Career
- The College of Law, York, Legal Practice Course, 2006;
- The University of Sheffield, LLB, 2005;
- Qualified as a solicitor, 2010;
- Solicitor at CMS Cameron McKenna LLP, London, 2010;
- Locum solicitor at Basildon Borough Council, Essex, 2013;
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2014.
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Assisted on various matters including assisting a park trust with the renewal lease of a central London cemetery/park, a fishing/environmental charity with real estate and employment advice, and an environmental charity with real estate advice;
- Battersea Legal Advice Centre: assisted the general public with a range of legal issues;
- Advocate for International Development, involved with a project to draft user-friendly guides on child protection legislation for use by local authorities in Sierra Leone.