Viral is an experienced commercial solicitor with expertise in commercial contracts, intellectual property, information technology, medical technology and regulatory matters.
Commercial contracts: drafting and advising on a range of commercial contracts including outsourcing, consumer contracts, supply contracts, consultancy, contractual joint ventures, collaborations and partnerships, manufacturing, testing, distribution, agency, consignment, franchising, concessions, sponsorships and prize competitions. Trade sectors: retail, technology, television, radio, airlines, foods, electronic products and clothing.
Intellectual property: development, acquisition, transfer and licensing of all intellectual property rights, including branding, content and copyright, databases, trade marks and domain names.
Information technology: development and licensing of software, development and distribution of apps, website terms (content development, website use, privacy), e-commerce, maintenance and servicing.
Medical technology and regulatory: advising medical devices, drugs and healthcare clients on clinical trials, distribution, agency, servicing and intellectual property.
Regulatory matters: data protection, anti-bribery and anti-slavery.
Viral also co-leads the BWB India Group.
Examples of recent work
- Advised FM Conway Limited on its acquisition of United Asphalt.
- Advising a medical technology start-up on corporate establishment and exploitation of intellectual property.
- Advising a medical devices company on fundraising, terms of sale and purchase.
- Advising on and drafting distribution agreements for a major multi-national medical and industrial devices manufacturer for its distribution network in Europe and the Middle East and Africa region.
- Advising on the establishment of telemedicine services.
- Advising on the appointment of agents for the sale of medical devices.
- Advising on the supply of ophthalmology software to NHS trusts.
- Advising on the establishment of a corporate foundation for a major health insurer.
- Advising on the formation of a limited liability partnership for a health innovation fund and drafting relating agreements.
- Advising a major retailer on franchising, concessions and outsourcing.
- Advising the official promotion agency for London on its commercial arrangements, including partnerships and collaborations.
- Advising a film charity with a turnover of c.£100m on sponsorship and outsourcing.
- Advising an international organisation on a £20m agreement with an established university for the distribution of examinations worldwide.
- Advising on the distribution of cosmetic products to North America.
- Advising an Indian company on food regulations for distribution in the UK.
Qualifications and career
- University of Leicester, LLB, 2004
- Sir Thomas More Bursary Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn, 2004
- Called to the Bar in 2005
- University of Nottingham Postgraduate Scholarship for LLM, 2006
- University of Nottingham, LLM Human Rights Law, 2007
- Trainee solicitor at Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2009
- Admitted as a solicitor advocate in 2011
Pro bono, memberships and appointments
- Trustee of MyBnk
- Adviser at South West London Law Centres