William supports the Charity and Social Enterprise department with all aspects of their work. He has particular experience in assisting with the formation of new charities, from initial advice to registration, completing company incorporations and providing general company law advice.
In addition William is a member of the Information Law, Health and Social Care, and Electoral Law teams with particular experience in researching data protection law issues.
Examples of recent work
- Assisting with charity formations and advice on regulatory filing requirements
- Assisting on a range of Companies House and Charity Commission post-establishment matters such as drafting of board minutes and HMRC forms
- Assisting with drafting of privacy policies and other data protection documents
- Assisting with the verification process of bond issues
- Providing support and in-depth legal research for three cross-departmental groups
Qualifications and career
- University of Oxford, BA History, 2011
- BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2012
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2012
- Paralegal at BWB, 2014
Pro bono, memberships and appointments
- Trustee of The Otesha Project UK since April 2013
- Junior adviser at South West London Law Centre