Zein joined the Advisory and Impact team in September 2015. He works with charities, social enterprises, and commercial organisations from a range of sectors, conducting social impact evaluations, assisting with business development, and transactions such as corporate disposals, mergers and acquisitions.
Zein previously worked as charity fundraiser for a company called Listen based in Holloway Road, London. Listen works with some of the largest and most well-known charities such as; NDCS, Shelter and UNICEF and are specialists in telephone fundraising and delivering high value fundraising campaigns.
Zein also has experience of working in an accounting practice where responsibilities included analysing client’s receipts and payments, completing bank reconciliations and summarising quarterly VAT returns.
Examples of Recent Work
- Feasibility study for social impact bond providing mentoring programmes for young people aged between 8-15, who have been identified as being ‘at risk’.
- Research into the effects of welfare reform, with a particular focus on the introduction and implementation of Universal Credit on Housing Associations and those entitled to benefits.
- Strategic review of management accounts of an awarding body, advising on possible options for them to improve their financial substance, as well as offering strategic advice regarding the possibility of a joint venture.
Qualifications and Career
- University of Essex, BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- Joined BWB, 2015
- Currently studying to become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
Previously volunteered to take part in the Orange RockCorps programme, and worked as part of a team to renovate an old children’s playground to create a safer and more enjoyable environment.