Recent or ongoing cases for individuals
- Claim by shareholder for purchase price of shares sold after failure of buyer to pay – terms agreed, but issues regarding transferability of shares.
- Acted for the claimant in a contract dispute relating to allegations of fraud and gross misconduct
- Acting for a shareholder and former in a high value minority shareholder (s.994) dispute
- Acting for victim of identity fraud. Mortgage obtained in client’s name by use of forged documents – bank unwilling to accept fraud and is pursuing client.
- Acting for former company director of Gibraltar insurance company in liquidation in respect of claims by liquidator for breach of director’s duties following major fraud perpetrated by director/shareholders; significant sums claimed.
- Acting for former directors accused by liquidators of failing to provide adequately in the accounts of the company for contingent liabilities relating to tax for Employee Benefit Trusts established.
- Acting for a private individual in relation to a dispute with forensic accountants and private investigators as to the quality of services provided by them.
- Acted for the successful claimant in a High Court (Chancery) claim concerning the construction and meaning of a particular clause in a homemade will