- Further & higher education institutions >
- Education providers >
- Schools, academies & multi-academy trusts >
- Awarding organisations >
BWB offers ‘specialist expertise and experience, combined with excellence in client care, backed up by top-rate multi-disciplinary legal services’"
Legal 500 2015
Our Education solicitors advise all types of educational institutions across a wide range of disciplines. Whether you educate adults, young people, or at the early years stage, whether you are a statutory or independent institution, or a regulator or professional body, we provide a full range of legal services.
You might ask us, for example:
- To establish or scale up a multi-academy trust
- To transfer one or more academies between sponsors
- How to federate your college or institution with another
- How to merge your institution (type A or B) with another
- How to bring four or five schools together as a multi-academy trust
- How to bring the constitution of your charitable private school up to date
- To convert a maintained school to an academy
- For assistance in responding to, dealing with, or challenging an inspection
- How to improve your professional disciplinary procedures
- To report on how you have dealt with FOI requests
- How to manage a major restructure of staff
- For advice on the governance of a special school, whether independent, non-maintained or community
- To help you to develop a procurement policy
- To convert a maintained school into an academy
- To advise you on a major collaboration agreement or joint venture
- How, as a potential sponsor or group of promoters, to establish a free school
- For advice on a building construction dispute
- To assist with developing and applying a conflicts of interest policy for governors of a university, college or school
- To set up a trading, spin-out or school company
- How to protect your intellectual property
- To assist with applying for a Tier 4 sponsor licence
- How to sponsor non-EEA students
- To advise on post study work options for your non-EEA students
- To provide compliance training for Tier 4 sponsors
- How to respond to enforcement action from UK Visas and Immigration
Whatever your question, do contact us for an initial non-chargeable discussion on how we could help you.
You are welcome, also, to participate in our extensive programme of focussed events and to contribute to our discussions and debates around education policy.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 7551 7777.
You may be interested in the following event:
Sponsored by Bates Wells Braithwaite, the AoC Employment Law Conference is the essential event for HR professionals in the FE sector. William Garnett and Lucy McLynn from BWB's Employment team will be speaking.
Thu 06 Oct 2016 External Events Read More and Book >