Consistently excellent in educational expertise, providing exceptional value
Education providers come in many varieties. We are privileged to advise a host of different organisation, all of which pursue education as their purpose. Whether you are a charitable trust, a charitable company, a community interest company, an unincorporated membership organisation, a social enterprise or a co-operative, we can provide all the legal services you need.
Equally, the education sector is broad and we advise at all ‘phases’, whether it is in early years and child care settings, nursery schools, after-school clubs, parent associations, family learning centres, youth clubs, outward bound initiatives, careers advisory services, education business partnerships, work experience specialists, apprenticeship providers, community learning organisations, adult education, online education providers and providers of student services.
Many of our clients started life in a local authority or university, having become independent social enterprises or mutual. School improvement, music services and education leadership are typical examples. Others are education research organisations or qualification bodies or provide professional education.
Our multidisciplinary team has lawyers with expertise in all of our practice areas. We can advise on:
- Establishing charitable companies, community interest companies (CIC) and charitable incorporated organisations (CIO)
- Advice on governance, social enterprise legal structures and charity law
- Spinning out social enterprises from local authorities
- Converting an unincorporated association into a company or CIO
- Governance advice, updating consitutions
- Collaborations, joint ventures and shared services
- Commercial contracts, including financing and loan agreements
- Employment and HR, including help with contracts, policies and procedures
- Equality obligations
- Fundraising, grants
- Intellectual property and data protection
- Real estate, leases, construction projects
- Public procurement requirements
- Regulatory law, including health & safety, child protection and safeguarding
- Social enterprises, social finance and social investment
We provide expert Employment training for FE and HE institutions, either through general seminars or bespoke training sessions. Learn more here.
Practical Employment Training Services >
School Support Services Spin Outs
School Support Services Spin Outs - Quick Guide >
Music Education Services
Checklist for establishing a music education service as a social enterprise >
(Reproduced from PLC Public Sector with the permission of the publishers. For further information visit http://www.practicallaw.com/ or call 020 7202 1200)
Please contact us for more information or an initial conversation on how we can work with you.