We are one of the few firms in the UK with real expertise in advising on the provision of care services.
We work with large, medium-sized and small operators in the private, not-for-profit and charitable sectors, with clients ranging from national organisations employing thousands of staff to small local charities. Our clients are providing services including children’s and vulnerable adults’ services, supported housing, domiciliary care, advisory & outreach programmes and much more.
We also take a leading role in developments in social care and use our experience in working with trade associations, professional regulators, national thinktanks and government departments to inform our advice to all of our clients
Our multidisciplinary team provides commercial, practical advice to our clients, based on a real understanding of the complexity of the care market, and all the pressures of operating in this highly regulated and constantly changing sector.
Our services include:
- Advice on legislation, regulations and essential standards
- Commercial matters, including financing, investment and governance
- Commissioning and fee structures, procurement and competition law
- Constitutional reviews and reorganisation
- Corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Dispute resolution and contract negotiations, including collective negotiations
- Establishment and registration of new organisations
- Real estate advice – acquisitions and disposals, housing and tenancy law, rent reviews
- Regulatory issues, including registration, inspections and enforcement
- Safeguarding investigations involving local authorities and the police
- Staffing issues, including Employment and Immigration law advice
- Tax planning and VAT
For more information on our legal services for social care providers, please contact us.