BWB’s Anti-Fraud team is made up of experienced lawyers from a range of disciplines and can help your charity:
- prevent fraud from occurring or recurring;
- secure evidence of wrong-doing and help recover lost funds;
- manage internal disciplinary and other employment related processes;
- co-ordinate action with the appropriate authorities and comply with your regulatory and other reporting obligations.
What sort of issues can we help you with?
- internal fraud and misconduct matters;
- external fraud - including cyber-fraud (ransomware, copied websites, online fraud and cloaked email addresses) and third parties who are administering or are responsible for funds.
Prevention is always better than cure. We can provide guidance and advice on:
- trustees’ duties, rights and obligations across all types of fraud or breaches of trust;
- reviewing and updating internal processes and procedures, including communications, financial controls, data protection, anti-bribery and corruption policies and early identification of fraud;
- employment contract and line management reviews;
- website penetration testing;
- reviewing insurance arrangements.
If your organisation has suffered from a fraud or other misconduct we can assist with:
- early intervention, investigation of the facts and securing evidence in a forensically sound manner;
- civil recovery of lost funds and non-legal alternatives;
- managing employment issues;
- brand protection and reputation management;
- regulatory compliance - liaising with the Charity Commission, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Ofqual, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other regulatory bodies, including preparing of Serious Incident Reports;
- liaising with the police and other authorities;
- managing relationships with third party providers, such as IT specialists, forensic accountants and the like.
To ask a question on a confidential basis, or for more information about how we might help your organisation, please email us at email@example.com or call 020 7551 7777 and ask to speak to Rob Oakley or Mindy Jhittay. We are pleased to offer a free half hour consultation.
Action Fraud is the UK’s national fraud and cyber-crime reporting centre.
The Fraud Advisory Panel champions best practice in fraud prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution, and helps charities and other organisations to protect themselves against fraud.
You may be interested in the following event:
Fraud cost the charity sector £1.9billion last year alone. Using real life case studies, BWB’s Anti-Fraud team will be discussing what you can do to help safeguard your charity from fraud – and what you need to consider if your charity has suffered from fraud.
Mon 30 Oct 2017 BWB Events Read More and Book >