Their commercial awareness is excellent and results in the appropriate advice to influence clients' actions and choices."
Chambers UK 2016
Unlike most City law firms, we do not provide employment law advice solely to employers. We believe our dual expertise allows us to consider issues from all angles, thereby broadening the scope of our advice and understanding, resulting in prompt, practical resolutions for our clients.
Our team advises a range of individuals including senior executives from a variety of industry sectors, notably financial services, on all aspects of their employment and remuneration. Our team is renowned for its expertise in advising senior executives and has been instructed to represent individuals on a number of high profile, "cutting edge" cases. We are robust negotiators, ensuring our clients achieve the best possible outcomes and solutions.
Whilst we have extensive experience of working with high net worth individuals, we also enjoy acting for an array of employees, irrespective of seniority.
The areas on which we commonly advise employees include (please click on the links to access knowhow on the topic):
- Contracts of employment and executive service agreements
- Post termination restrictions, compromise and confidentiality agreements, garden leave provisions, negotiating termination payments and other sensitive issues following termination of employment
- Issues surrounding team moves
- FSA regulation
- Bonuses, shares, share options and long term incentive plans
- Partnership rights and issues
- Whistleblowing and public interest issues
- Claims against an employer following resignation or dismissal including constructive dismissal, unfair and wrongful dismissal as well as all discrimination claims
- Assistance with disciplinary matters and grievance procedures, as well as claims of harassment and bullying
- Employment status; whether in law you are an employee, worker or volunteer and the rights afforded to your status
- Your rights in respect of maternity, paternity and parental leave and flexible working
- Employee benefits; what you are entitled to receive and the relevant tax implications
- Advice to migrant workers, particularly those whose leave to remain is contingent on employment
Protected conversations and settlement agreements
BWB can provide expert advice on protected conversations and settlement agreements. Please click here for our guide to the key issues to consider.