BWB advises on finance issues for a broad range of clients, both for those providing finance and to those receiving it, be that in the not for profit or commercial sectors.
We have notable experience in advising those wanting to invest and help finance the third sector. Working closely with leading third sector organisations, we have developed new financing structures – such as the high profile Bridges Ventures finance of the HCT Group - and helped set up a bank especially for charities and social enterprises, Charity Bank.
Clients in the finance sector providing funding range from clearing banks, third sector focused banks and social enterprise funds through to major grant givers. We cover what is [wrongly] perceived to be ‘plain vanilla’ lending to social enterprises, sports clubs, not for profit organisations and charities, where commercial issues are not the sole concern and lending ratios are not so strict, through to quasi equity and equity finance.
We also have a prominent position acting for several grant and loan bodies under the Sport England umbrella.
BWB is continually involved in demanding, innovative, complex and cost sensitive finance work. These cover the whole spectrum from fully secured to pure equity and related finance issues, including:
- Project and Development Finance - from property development through to specialist facilities.
- Investment Finance - security over income streams.
- Main and specialist lending including:
- long term flexible unsecured loan for Major London HEA
- long term secured finance for top professional Royal Charter Body institution
- property investment and development work for household name lender.
- Grant and loan bodies including:-
- sports bodies of loans and grants, secured and unsecured from several million downwards
- specialist loans, such as heritage based.
- Social Financing – private equity funding of social finance involving social and financial targets including for a London Transport Community Charity for a deposit and to provide working capital.
- Charity/third Sector – establishing a third sector bank, Charity Bank and acting for it since.
- Syndication and Participation – Social finance promoted through a niche investment bank.
- Wind Farms – seven community schemes including prospectuses and FSA registration and financial promotions below the FSA threshold through BWB authorisation.
- Fund structures and creation.
- Hydro projects and bio-mass and energy generation financing.
- Social impact bond - social projects i.e. reduction recidivism.
- FSA regulation – advice on perimeter guidance, collective investment schemes, prospectus regime and unorthodox applications.
- Conditions of funding – setting up health foundations, housing and social financing as well as donor advised funds and investments.
- National eco tourist and research establishment – syndicated funding and intercreditor arrangements.
- Restructuring – loan restructuring and security review of long term debt and financing and additional security.
- Insolvency – advice and action on failing loans and enforcing security.