The team specialises in advising a wide range of international, national and local charities, as well as private individuals, on legacies, trusts and associated disputes. We have a wealth of experience to draw on, meaning quick and competitively priced advice for our clients.
Click here to view our information and overview leaflet.
To learn more about what we can do for you, please click one of the following;
Examples of recent and ongoing work
- Acted for the Advisory Council of the Warburg Institute in its successful defence of a claim brought by the University of London regarding the university's obligations as trustee to house, fund and maintain the world renowned Warburg Institute (University of London v Professor Prag and another  EWHC 3564 (Ch))
- Acted for a global relief aid charity in a dispute with the executors of a large estate. Successfully removed and replaced the executors enabling the estate to be administered swiftly
- Acted for a major national charity in its defence to a claim brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Multi-party litigation involving assets in different jurisdictions. Secured a settlement on terms advantageous to our client including a full order for its costs
- Acted for the successful claimant in a High Court (Chancery) claim concerning the construction and meaning of a particular clause in a homemade will
- Acted for a faith based charity in an application for a grant ad colligenda bona pending resolution of a claim against the estate to which our client was a beneficiary
- Acted for a national children’s charity in its defence to a claim brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Negotiated a pre-trial settlement on terms advantageous to our client
- Negotiated limited indemnity to be given to executors on behalf of a health charity
- Acted for a religious charity in a dispute involving a challenged will, a gift of shares and property assets. Negotiated a swift settlement on our client’s behalf
- Assisted a national charity to obtain a cy-près scheme to change the restricted purposes of a legacy.
- Reviewed legacy marketing materials for an arts charity
- Acted for a major international development charity in a dispute with executors who had wrongly paid the charity’s legacy to a third party. Negotiated full payment of the legacy from the executors personally plus a significant contribution towards the charity’s costs. Avoided costly and time-consuming court action
- Acted for a charity in its successful defence of a dual claim to challenge a will and for provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. The estate was large and the will contained complicated trust provisions. Successful resolution of all claims was reached at a multi-party mediation.
To make an enquiry on a no-obligation basis, or for more information on our services, please email us at email@example.com or call 020 7551 7777 and ask to speak to Rob Oakley, Laura Soley or Leticia Jennings. We are pleased to offer a free half hour consultation to new clients.
For more information on our Legacies, Trusts & Probate Disputes services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be interested in the following event:
With the Fundraising Regulator’s current consultation open on the Code of Fundraising Practice, our seminar will focus on the current issues for legacy fundraisers, managers and administrators.
Thu 30 Mar 2017 BWB Events Read More and Book >