Excellent on all counts and strong in cases that have both charity and public sector aspects.
Legal 500 2011
Our strong and long-standing reputation in this area of law is recognised by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 directories, which rank us as leaders in Public & Regulatory law.
BWB's Public & Regulatory law team, headed by Melanie Carter, provides practical and strategic advice and representation for its clients. We have extensive experience in a wide variety of public and regulatory law cases, acting for both regulators, charities/not-for-profit and private-sector organisations and individuals. Our experience on both sides of the fence makes us uniquely placed to offer effective advice to all our clients.
We are an exceptionally experienced team dedicated to our clients’ interests and are particularly proud to be rated as one of the best firms in the UK for our client service.
The quality of service is absolutely brilliant.
Chambers UK 2012
We aim to give all of our clients strategic and practical advice as well as assistance and representation on purely legal matters. We are approachable and will tailor our advice to your specific situation and your budget.
We have a particular focus on work with:
- Regulatory bodies, including industry self and co-regulatory bodies and professional regulatory and membership bodies
- Central and Local government (including audit) and other public authorities
- Educational establishments
- NHS and care homes
- Not-for-profit organisations/charities
We also act for businesses, campaigning groups and individuals who wish to challenge the decisions of public authorities or need advice in relation to any public law or regulatory issue.
In advising our clients, our work includes:
- Judicial review
- Procedural fairness and human rights issues
- Regulatory and legislative drafting; including codes of conduct and dispute processes
- Independent adjudications
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- Confidentiality, privacy and defamation
- Tribunal, statutory appeals and inquiry work
- Statutory interpretation
- Health and safety
- Public rights of way
- Education regulation, including of awarding bodies